- TO CHILL: Place the Cryo Gel inserts into your cooling unit or the freezer compartment of your refrigerator. Initial chilling requires a few hours. It is best to wipe any moisture from the outside of the pack prior to freezing. Keep the packs in the freezer when not in use. Your freezer should be kept at 0o F (-17.8o C) or above.
- DO NOT store the packs directly on any metal racks as the extreme temperature of cold metal can damage the pack. The inserts should be stored flat in the freezer, not folded.
- TO USE, remove the insert from the cooling unit or freezer. As a safety precaution, always insulate the pack with a cloth or towel, so it does not make direct contact with the skin. Additional towels may be added to reduce the chilling effect. Check the treatment area periodically for adverse reactions.
- The Cryo Gel insert will stay cold for up to 30 minutes. Cold therapy should not be used for longer than 20 minutes at a time. Treatment exceeding 20 minutes may be harmful to the skin.
- Clean the pack with a damp cloth only. Never use caustic chemicals such as ammonia or bleach to clean as this could damage the Cryo Gel inserts.
- There is a risk of harm to the skin with cold packs if they are not used properly, or if the patient has poor blood circulation. Always protect the patient’s skin by placing a cloth or towel between the cold pack and the skin. Treatment time should not exceed 20 minutes.
- Monitor the patient’s skin periodically for adverse reactions. Do not have the patient sit, lie, or sleep on the pack.
- Do not attempt to use the Versa-Pac® as a hot pack. This pack is for cold therapy application only.
- Gel may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowed, dilute with water or milk and contact a physician. In the event of a puncture, discard the cold pack.
Shipping: Price does not include any duties, taxes or non-routine customs brokerage charges. Other shipping charges, surcharges or accessorial charges also may apply.
Prescription: For those with a prescription or, we ask that you please fill out our prescription form and fax or email it to us as indicated. Note that we cannot ship any products prior to receiving the fully completed form. For more information or assistance please contact us at: 888-222-4580
- Congestive heart failure
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Inflammatory phlebitis or episodes of pulmonary embolism
- Infections in the limb, including cellulitis, without appropriate antibiotic coverage
- Presence of lymphangiosarcoma