How SportPump Works
SportPump is a small, quiet but powerful compressor that forces air into our specially designed compression sleeves. The pressure is easily regulated and the pump can be turned on and off with a simple push of the button.
Compression Sleeves (a.k.a Compression Garments)
We carry a full range of sleeves to cover every major body part; hand and wrist, elbow, shoulder, back, knee, foot and ankle as well as full arm and full leg sleeves. Each sleeve has 4 chambers that fill up with air in one after the other to deliver the maximum therapeutic effect. Each sleeve also comes with its own sized and shaped cryo-gel insert. They attach snug and secure with strong Velcro® backing to the inside wall of the sleeve, so you can add the benefits of cold to your compression treatment (Our full arm sleeve and full leg sleeve can also be ordered with the cryo-gel built into the lining).
Once you have your SportPump vasopneumatic pump and the appropriate sleeve or sleeves for your situation, set up is as easy as finding a comfy chair or couch, slipping on your sleeve and pushing the “On” button. You can adjust the pressure anytime with the simple pressure gauge dial on the front of your device. Relax with a good book or play on your smartphone while SportPump goes to work massaging your muscles and squeezing your arteries and veins to flush the lactic acid and metabolic waste that causes pain, soreness and fatigue. SportPump cryo-compression also reduces inflammation and swelling and restores vitality and strength 10 times faster than with rest alone. A typical session with SportPump is between 20 minutes to 60 minutes. If you are using the cryo-gel inserts, we recommend you place them in your freezer or refrigerator 20 minutes prior to your session and put them in place prior to attaching your sleeve.
FDA Approved, Medically Certified
The SportPump pump and compression sleeves were once only for the exclusive use of patients with serious muscular and circulatory disorders such as lymphedema, venous insufficiency and P.A.D, and only available by prescription. Today, SportPump is used by sports teams, universities, physical therapists and professional athletes to treat their injuries and enhance their training, and while SportPump can still qualify for insurance and HSA plans with a prescription, this powerful compression technology is now open and available to licensed professionals.
Studies and Documentation
Feel free to review our documentation demonstrating the effectiveness of compression and cryo-compression:
- The effects of the modified intermittent sequential pneumatic device (MISPD) on exercise performance following an exhaustive exercise bout (http://bjsportmed.com/content/27/4/255.full.pdf)
- Enhancement of Tibialis Anterior Recovery by Intermittent Sequential Pneumatic Compression of the Legs (http://www.bio.unipd.it/bam/PDF/11-2/01459Wiener.pdf)
- The efficacy of combined cryotherapy and compression compared with cryotherapy alone following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- The Role of Cold Compression Dressings in the Postoperative Treatment of Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Combination of cold and compression after knee surgery. A prospective randomized study.